THE WORK OF THE NSPCC
Your donation will help the NSPCC in their mission to end cruelty to children.
The NSPCC’s vital work includes projects which provide direct services to children and young people, its national Child Protection Helpline, and now through their recent partnership, Childline.
A key part of the NSPCC’s work is making the general public aware that child abuse is a major social problem that we must tackle together. Your donation will also help the NSPCC in their campaigning role, which has included the recent ‘Don’t Hide it’ and ‘Someone to turn to’ campaigns.
The NSPCC’s vision is a society in which all children are loved, valued and able to fulfil their potential. In other words, a society that will not tolerate child abuse – whether sexual, physical, emotional, or neglect.
NSPCC’s core values are based on the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. They are:
* Children must be protected from all forms of violence and exploitation
* Everyone has a responsibility to support the care and protection of children
* We listen to children and young people, respect their views and respond to them directly
* Children should be encouraged and enabled to fulfil their potential
* We challenge inequalities for children and young people
* Every child must have someone to turn to
For more information on the work of the NSPCC you may wish to have a look at the NSPCC’s website, www.nspcc.org.uk